Joining the team that's moving the community forward.
Hear from our team:
I am thrilled to be a part of this amazing team of educators, families and staff all dedicated to excellence and change to impact the lives of our students. Gersh Academy is a warm and wonderful community sincerely dedicated to all we serve!"
– Diana DeVivio, Superintendent of Educational Programs
"I love the difference we make at Gersh Academy! With the magic created by being able to think 'outside the box' we are giving these kids the education and support they need and deserve."
– Karen Tarricone, Assistant Principal
Together We Change Lives
Gersh Academy is always looking for highly qualified employees to join our team of dedicated, hardworking staff members.
Please feel free to browse the list of open positions below.
If you are interested in any of the positions below, please email your resume, contact information and the position you are seeking to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping us change lives.
Don't See Something Listed?Click Here to Email Your Resume
Please include resume, cover letter, and desired position (if known).
- West Hills Academy | Huntington, NY
- Gersh Experience | Patchogue, NY
- Therapy Solutions | Puerto Rico
The Gersh Organization is dedicated to changing the lives of children on the autism spectrum. Our team of professionals is committed to providing opportunities, inspiration, and guidance for every child to reach their full potential, regardless of the challenges they face. With our family of programs in various locations on Long Island and in Puerto Rico, Gersh is the leading provider of educational and support services for children on the autism spectrum and their families.
We are seeking a full-time Paraprofessional for our West Hills Academy program in Huntington, NY. West Hills Academy is a private alternative school that specializes in meeting the needs of students for whom the traditional classroom is not working. The Paraprofessional will assist the classroom teacher and teacher assistant in the attainment of student goals for students who may demonstrate academic, behavioral, and/or social deficits with the intent to assist the student in functioning as independently as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a consistent and safe environment for the students
- Assists and accompanies children in all activities throughout the day
- Always maintain positive and supportive communication with every student regardless of their behaviors
- Support the teacher / teacher assistant in delivering an education curriculum to meet child's needs through an individual or small group setting
- Support the teacher / teacher assistant in implement the Individualized Education Program (IEP) and behavior plans for each student
- Assist in the daily planning of classroom and outdoor activities
- Promote health and safety concepts and social interaction with other students
- Assists teacher in devising strategies to reinforce materials and skills to students
- Operates and cares for equipment and/or instructional materials assigned by teacher
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers and other materials for instruction
- Guides independent study, enrichment work and remedial work
- Assists with supervision of students during emergency drills, special events and field trips
- Accompany assigned student at all times, whether it is in the hallways, bathrooms, cafeteria, free time, etc. (as required by teacher)
- Keeps bulletin boards and classroom displays up to date
- Administers, scores and records achievements and diagnostic tests
- Takes daily data accurately to inform Behavior Intervention Plans
- Assists with large group activities as per teacher’s directive which may include reading to students, listening to students’ read and participating in other forms of oral communication with students
- Checks notebooks, corrects papers and supervises test taking and make-up work as assigned by the teacher
- Checks and records student attendance
- Alerts teacher to any problems or special information about individual students
- Serves as the chief source of information and helps the substitute teacher in the absence of the regular teacher
- Participates in service training programs as required
- High School diploma required
- Teaching Assistant Skills Test (ATAS) preferred
- Experience working with children with academic, behavioral, and/or social deficits preferred
- Monday - Friday / 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Occasional before and after school work hours at the discretion of the Administrative staff
- School / Classroom setting
- Must be able to keep students safe from themselves and others and in some cases may need to implement CPI procedures
- Must be able to remove oneself from potentially harmful situations and in some cases be able to lift a child
Responsible for leadership and direction of programming and ensures operational excellence
Ensures that all therapeutic services are provided in accordance with policies and procedures
Oversees appropriate allocation of resources
Provides ongoing direction and supervision of clinical providers
Adheres to high standards of customer satisfaction
Operates in compliance with state and federal regulations
Oversees business development and ensures financial success of the company
Directs the business development activities of the organization and drives new sales for the company
Plans and coordinates the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
Responsible for obtaining and keeping certification/license of insurance approve site
Drives increased revenue and profit to achieve continuous company growth
Takes ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the business
Provides market feedback to executive management regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
Reports to Executive Director
- Directs, establishes, maintains, and plans the overall goals for the company in line with strategic growth.
- Identifies potential business partners and negotiates agreements.
- Works with product development, marketing and sales aligned with the company's growth strategy
- Increase revenue by accepting alternative methods of payment, including medical insurance.
- Include company as an insurance approved site by obtaining and or keeping medical provider status.
- Oversees all compliance with federal and state regulations in accordance with the professional code of ethics for each discipline.
- Ensures financial success of the center by effective management of resources, productivity, and assurance of appropriate coding and billing of therapeutic services
- Assures clinical excellence by facilitating program development
- Supervises and oversees all employee relations and professional service contracts
- Enforces policies with authority to issue Disciplinary Action Reports as needed.
- Responsible for performance evaluation and analysis of provider’s performance
- Responsible for overseeing inventory, procurement of equipment and scheduling maintenance
- Manage customer service relations
- Measure, analyze and evaluate clinical outcomes, operational data, and communicate results effectively.
- Active member of public relations initiatives and promotional campaigns
- Ensure account payables and receivables are submitted to accounting in a timely fashion
- Motivate and mentor staff and providers to achieve clinical excellence
- Maintenance of the physical environment including space allocation, equipment maintenance in accordance with OSHA, state and company policies and procedures.
Requirements for a Business Development Director
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of leadership/directing experience
- At least three (3) years experience in a school setting with special education students
- Knowledge of therapeutic services for individuals on the autism spectrum
- Experience in managing medical insurance billing
- Knowledge of the Puerto Rico Department of Education and Office of Provisional Remedy’s policies and procedures
- Professional and accurate verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Ability to multitask, self manage and direct, and comfortable with public speaking engagements
- Ability to work with budgets and financial reporting.